Friday, January 18, 2013

Cease Fire!

Although I may not post every day at this time, I will do my best to keep on top of it.  I do not have wi-fi where I live and have to get it where ever I can.  Tonight I am  sitting at the local pizza store, hiding in the corner so that no one notices that I haven't bought anything as I write this poem .

I first wrote this poem  while at the Evergreen Methodist church I frequent.  I am  not a strictly religious person, however this church and the pastor who is there are very true and speak from  the heart.   In one of Pastor Wanda sermons she inspired in me the poem  written below.   I challenge you all to ask these questions of your self and your fellowships.

Cease Fire!


What would happen if the only people who went to war were 50 years and older?  Would you go in the place of a child that was lost if that would bring him  back?  Would that redeem  the guilt you feel for the sacrifice your children have made in the name of your freedom?

Tell me, what would you do to regain the grace of those young selfless children who believed that their service and death was worth the fight, the blood, the anger, the strife, the gore, the hate, and the war. No death is worth less than the next life that came before.

Would you go in the place of your children to steep in the blood shed?  What would you do if it would bring your lost loved ones back?  Would you sacrifice your left arm, if that would give your grandchild back her father's right leg?  Would you donate your kidney if that would enable another to live on while you whither away to nothing?

If all people over the age of 50 who wanted to have the wars continue around the world should  serve in them, how long do you think it would take for there to be no more war?  What is your life worth compared to that of a child in another country?



What is the reason for war? 

We all live on this ONE Planet,
with One Air,
One Ocean, and
We are all children of God,
however
“thy will be done.”

 Cease Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment